National Smile Month, A Great Time to Think About Your Teeth South Dakota!
It’s national smile month, and we’re celebrating with 10 great reasons to smile, and a few tips to take care of your and your family’s smiles.
Top 10 Reasons to Smile More
According to verywell.com, here are 10 great reasons to smile more:
- Smiling makes you appear more attractive
- Smiling can relieve stress
- Smiling elevates your mood
- Smiling is contagious
- Smiling boosts your immune system
- Smiling lowers your blood pressure
- Smiling makes you feel good
- Smiling makes you look younger
- Smiling makes you seem successful
- Smiling helps you stay positive
Take Care of Your Teeth for a Better Smile
Taking great care of your teeth will make for a better looking smile. Not only that, good oral hygiene leads to better health.
Our orthodontic patients are already investing financially in their smile. To get the best long-term benefits from your braces, be sure to invest some time and thought into your every day life.
- Your board certified orthodontist does not replace your dentist! Continue seeing your local dentist for your oral hygiene and care.
- Choose foods that are braces-friendly; you don’t need to adjust your diet much, but we do recommend you avoid some things, like nuts and hard and sticky candies.
- Avoid pop, soft drinks, sports drinks and especially energy drinks. They’re terrible for teeth. If you do indulge, wait at least 30 minutes before brushing.
- Invest in a good toothbrush, like a SonicCare and brush your teeth well after every meal and before bed. This is important for everyone, but especially if you have braces.
- Wear personal safety equipment like a helmet or mouth guard so you can enjoy your sports activities without worrying about your smile.
Happy national smile month to our Brookings and Madison communities, we’re always happy to see your smiles! If you’re looking for a board certified orthodontist, come see us for a free consultation. If you have any questions about braces, see our Frequently Asked Questions page or give us a call toll free – 1-800-832-3464.